The Farmersville ISD Pre-Kindergarten program is now open to three and four-year-old students. All students must be three years of age or older by September 1, 2021. Applications for our 2021-2022 Pre-K program at Farmersville ISD are now being accepted. Registration is currently NOT OPEN for our preschool program. Once your student's application has been processed, you will be contacted by the staff at Tatum Elementary. At that time, information on how to register your student for our Pre-K program will be shared with you.
Welcome to Farmersville ISD!
The Texas Legislature determines eligibility requirements for free, public Pre-K in Texas. The Legislature established the Pre-K program with the intent to provide early learning experiences to students who are most in need. The Legislature believed that a high-quality Pre-K program could assist students to become school-ready when they enter kindergarten.
The Pre-K program at Farmersville ISD is for all eligible students who have turned three years of age or older on or before September 1, 2021.
In order to determine eligibility for the 2021-2022 school year, a form must be completed for EACH CHILD you intend to enroll in Pre-K. This form is an application to the program and DOES NOT guarantee your child(ren) will be enrolled in the FISD Pre-K program. Once your child is accepted into the Pre-K program, you will be given instructions on how to register your child(ren).
Does My Child Qualify?
A child is eligible for enrollment in free Pre-K if he/she is three years of age or older by September 1, 2021, lives within the Farmersville Independent School District boundaries, and has one or more of the following:
- Is unable to speak or comprehend the English language or lives in a home where the primary spoken language is español. (Documentation Required: Tatum Elementary will administer the English Oral Language Proficiency test to your child to determine your child's eligibility.)
- Is economically disadvantaged (Documentation Required: 2020 W2, 2020 IRS form 1040, previous four paycheck stubs, a letter from employer, unemployment award letter, disability payment stub, child support state printout. -- Documentation of income for each person residing in the child's home is required. The documentation must contain the name, amount of gross income, and date it was received.)
- Is homeless (Documentation Required: Verification from the District's Local Homeless Education Liasion)
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States (including the state military forces or the national reserves) -- the student must be the biological child, adopted child, or the step-child of the member of the armed forces. (Documentation Required: DoD photo identification of student -- if the student does not have a DoD ID then we will accept the military member's DoD photo identification showing current active duty status AND certified documentation showing that the student is a child of that military member.)
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or the reserves, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty (Documentation Required: For killed while serving -- Copy of the death certificate using the service-appropriate DoD form or a DoD form that indicates death as the reason for separation from service. / For injured while active duty: A copy of Purple Heart orders or citation for children of service members, mobilized reservists, or guardsmen who were wounded or injured in combat. A copy of the line of duty determination documentation for children of service members mobilized reservists, or guardsmen who were injured while serving active duty but were not wounded or injured in combat.)
- Is currently or has been in foster care (Documentation Required: DFPS and Child Protective Services verification letters of Pre-K eligibility for your student(s).)
- Is the child of a police officer, firefighter, or emergency medical responder seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and received the Star of Texas Award (Documentation Required: The certificate awarded to an individual serves as proof of eligibility to enroll these children in free pre-K if they are age-eligible.)