Board of Trustees
From Left to Right: Paul Kelly, Dale Pickett, Brian Brazil, Tony Gray,
Micheal French (Superintendent), David Coleman, Jason McTee, and Kiel Cathey.
FISD BOARD OF TRUSTEES - BOARD MEETING
The Board of Trustees meets regularly on the fourth Monday of each month in the Farmersville Intermediate Cafeteria, 807 N. Main Street, Farmersville, TX 75442. However, the Board reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any meeting. The Farmersville Independent School District will hold a regular meeting, on Tuesday, June 27, 2023, at 6 p.m. in Farmersville Intermediate, 807 N. Main Street, Farmersville, TX 75442. Parents and community members are invited to attend.
Special meetings are called when necessary. All meetings are open to the public and are subject to provisions of Texas law.
- President -- Tony Gray (re-elected 2021) -- [email protected]
- Vice President -- Paul Kelly (re-elected 2021) -- [email protected]
- Secretary -- Dale Pickett (re-elected 2021) -- [email protected]
- Member -- Brian Brazil (re-elected 2023) -- [email protected]
- Member -- David Coleman (re-elected 2021) -- [email protected]
- Member -- Jason McTee (re-elected 2023) -- [email protected]
- Member -- Kiel Cathey (elected 2023) -- [email protected]farmersvilleisd.org
ELECTED OFFICIALS TERM EXPIRES
- Place 1: Paul Kelly - Board Member - May 2025
- Place 2: Dale Pickett - Board Member - May 2025
- Place 3: Tony Gray - Board Member - May 2025
- Place 4: David Coleman - Board Member - May 2025
DATE OF NEXT OFFICER ELECTION: May 3, 2025
ELECTION ADDRESS: Collin College Farmersville Campus (501 S. Collin Parkway, Farmersville, TX 75442)
CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Go to BBA(LEGAL)
DEADLINE TO FILE CANDIDATE APPLICATION: February 14, 2025
BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION:
The next election for the Board of Trustees will be held in May 2025 for those whose term expires in May 2025.
Farmersville ISD will be filling the following positions:
Place 1: Paul Kelly
Place 2: Dale Pickett
Place 3: Tony Gray
Place 4: David Coleman
- US Citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- No final judgment indicating:
- Totally mentally incapacitated or
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- No final felony conviction
- Unless pardoned or released from resulting disabilities
- No offense under Ed. 11.066 Section 43.02 (b)
- Resided continuously in the state for 12 months
- Resided continuously in the territory for 6 months
- Registered voter of the territory
- Candidate must complete an application and a CTA (Appointment of Campaign Treasurer) form.
- Candidates may pick up an election packet in person at the Farmersville ISD Administration Office from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. from Tuesday-Friday at 501A Highway 78N, Farmersville, TX 75442 or make a request to send packet via mail, email, or fax beginning January 11, 2023.
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, email, or fax beginning January 18, 2023
- Applications submitted by mail, email, or fax is receipt by filing authority or district designated agent, NOT postmarked
- Deadline to submit an application and CTA form is Friday, February 17, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- A filing fee is not applicable
APPROVED 2022 Tax Rate Resolution:
IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED BY the Trustees of the Farmersville Independent School District that the tax rate for the year 2022 be set at $1.288653 per $100 valuation ($0.9429 designated to Maintenance and Operations and $0.345753 designated to Interest and Bonded Debt), and further that taxes are hereby levied on all properties now or hereinafter on the rolls of said district for the year 2022.
WHEREAS, THIS TAX RATE WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE.
AGENDAS & MINUTES:
Please note that Board Meeting Minutes are not posted until formally approved at the following Board Meeting.
| Current and Past
Agendas & Minutes